The word “Thanksgiving” is said so often when talking about another day-off on the calendar, that it’s easy to forget that the word itself is a verb; the description of an action. When we celebrate “thanks-giving”, although we are surely thankful to have dedicated time off for ourselves, the meaning of the word is to give thanks to others or to pause and acknowledge the circumstances that we are thankful for.
Thanks To Give
There’s no doubt about it. I’m incredibly blessed to be a Business Advisor and serve the hard working Business Owners of California. If you are like me, in a position to advise current and future owners, as business brokers, accountants, financial advisors, legal counsel, B2B Service Professionals, Loan Agents, etc., I suspect that we’d all, for the most part, agree that the blessings we enjoy outnumber the difficulties and challenges that we endure. Most of us live in a cozy place to call home, enjoy a warm shower once a day, have a plethora of meal choices, a variety of hobbies, activities, and vacation destinations to pursue. Most importantly, while being surrounded by an amazing support group of family, friends and co-workers; the special people who influence our lives.
The Tunnel of Chaos
Of course, life at times is full of surprises and stresses. We all deal with seasons that involve health-related, relational, and financial difficulties. But it is how we push through these challenges that defines our character and sharpens our wisdom. So, when this time of year rolls around, I stop to think. And every year, like a mental progress report, the memories of my life play like a movie on fast-forward and I reflect on the things that have brought me moments of elation and relief. The result is that I am deeply convicted of the many things that I am thankful for and I would like to share my list with all of you.
- I respect that others do not share this conviction but since I’m sharing my honest list here, for me the #1 reason to be thankful is God. My life has been, and continues to be full of “happy coincidences,” or as I call them, “subtle miracles.”
- My family. My wife who graciously married me despite my imperfect nature and has been by my side through everything. My son and daughter…my raisons d’être. Their happiness gives me a fresh serving of pride and purpose daily.
- My sponsoring Broker whose wealth of knowledge, experience, and willingness to teach and share for the benefit of my own success.
- My office administrator who tirelessly provides support in so many areas.
- My team members who are willing to mentor to those of us who would benefit.
- The business owners who have dreamed, created, and operated businesses that are the engine of this country’s economy and provide jobs for so many families.
- The aspiring entrepreneurs that dream of owning their own business and recognize the value of working with me to bring their dreams of owning an established business into reality for them.
- The many other industry experts, partners and colleagues who provide so much to make our jobs easier.
In sharing this list of my thanks with you, it’s my hope that you will imagine your own list too.
May you all have a Blessed and Grateful Thanksgiving!
Steve Schaub is an Advisor with Sunbelt Business Brokers. He can be reached at (408) 436-1900, or at [email protected]
Contact your “Business Broker Near Me” today.