Positioning Your Business For Sale
Your San Jose & Sunnyvale, CA Business Brokers
At Sunbelt Business Brokers, our mission is to help you sell your business for the highest value possible. Our team of business brokerage experts has years of experience helping clients buy and sell businesses in the Fremont, Sunnyvale, Mt. View, & San Jose markets, and we’ll use our extensive network to help you find the ideal premium buyer. At Sunbelt, we understand that selling a business is an art form – and we’ve been practicing this art for a long time.
Premium buyers seek to buy a business, irrespective of size, that will enhance their operations and help them grow.
What buyers seek in a potential business acquisition:
- Buyers seek to acquire businesses that will enhance their existing operations, complement or diversify their product portfolio, allow entry into new geographic or demographic markets, expand their customer base and/or increase market share.
- Premium buyers recognize not only the financial but also the strategic merits of a transaction and thus will be inclined to offer premium value. Premium buyers are generally more willing to pay above the baseline economic value of a business when compared to pure economic buyers.
- By analyzing the future financial and strategic benefits of a combination, premium buyers will be motivated to pay premium prices.
Understand the perspective of the buyer:
- Properly positioning a company to potential buyers is critical.
- Most premium buyers are simultaneously considering the purchase of various businesses, some of which may be within the same industry.
- Therefore, it is critical that a seller’s business is positioned in a strategic, concise and understandable manner to buyers.
- Understanding how to position and market a company is key in obtaining premium value.
Explain the past but SELL the future:
When selling a company, it is important to demonstrate a track record of positive results. More importantly, it is critical to convince the buyer of the future benefits of the business. Selling a company for maximum value requires effectively presenting the competitive positioning and future market potential of the seller relative to its competitors.
Sunbelt what it takes to obtain premium value when selling your business:
The key to selling a business for the highest price lies in understanding and applying these principles. With decades of collective experience, Sunbelt representatives will conduct rigorous market research and analysis to effectively market and position your company to achieve maximum value. In addition to a deep understanding of business acquisition negotiations, Sunbelt brokers have a detailed, in-depth knowledge of the Fremont, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, San Jose, and surrounding markets – knowledge we can use to further your value proposition and convince premium buyers of the value of your business.
Contact Your San Jose, Sunnyvale, & Fremont, CA Business Brokers
If you have more questions about selling your small business or would like to begin discussing your situation, please feel free to call us at (408) 436-1900 or reach out to us at our contact page. We look forward to hearing from you, and we can’t wait to get started with helping you extract the maximum value from your business.