Profitable Chemical Free, Thermal Pest Extermination Business
SBA Pre-Approved | Strong Revenue Growth & Profits | No Lease Required
$633,489 (2022 TTM)
$250,143 (3 yr. avg)
San Francisco Bay Area
| Y.O.Y. Revenue Growth:
|Reason for Sale:
The Sellers are Focused on Next Venture
Yelp: 5 stars (38 Reviews) Google: 5 stars (60 Reviews)
|Services:||Bed Bug Extermination. Direct-to-client and subcontracted work.|
|FF&E Highlights:||Over $130K in Furniture, Fixtures, & equipment, including four vehicles|
|Inventory:||Nominal inventory requirements; inventory included in purchase price|
|Customers:||Residential with some commercial (e.g. hospitality / property management)|
|Personnel:||2 full time employees|
|None required, operate from home office. Buyer should have ample garage space for equipment storage; employees can park existing vehicles at their respective homes|
|Geographic markets:||Greater San Francisco Bay Area|
|Licensing Requirement:||Branch 2 Operator License – California Structural Pest Control Board|
Presented, is the opportunity to acquire a very profitable, specialized heat-treatment, pest extermination business.
The thermal process of eliminating pests is a necessary method of extermination for the more hearty and resilient species, such as bed bugs and others. The process involves raising room temperatures above the survivable temperature for the subject species.
In addition to being the only way to effectively remove these pests from the home, the process of thermal extermination does not use the harmful chemicals that residents are typically concerned about.
The company focuses exclusively on thermal extermination of bed bugs, due to the never-ending demand for that specific service and lack of competition.
Financially, revenues remain on the upswing, with a 22% year-over-year increase over the prior year. This is correlated with their perfect reviews on Yelp and Google, and with the growing customer demand for thermal extermination methods.
The company has two full-time employees, and the business comes complete with all the necessary equipment and four service vehicles. New sales hire recently added to foster growth and expansion.
Buyer should have a California Pest Control License. Seller will consider approaches to temporarily mitigate this license requirement. Perfect opportunity for a larger pest control company to add thermal-based approach to existing services. Likewise, a great opportunity for an individual with a background in extermination to transition into their own business venture.
- Strong Revenue growth of 22% YOY
- Declining SDE strictly a result of new staffing for growth
- Total FF&E value $136K
- Inventory included in purchase price
- No office space required, can operate virtually
- Approaching perfect reviews on Yelp, Google, others
- New approach to solving old problem, effective results
- Competitive differentiation
- Significant room for growth and expansion
- Listing Price: $514,780
- Weighted Average SDE: $225,847
- 2022 Gross Revenues: $633,489
- FF&E (including 2 vehicles) included in purchase price
- Dedicated sales resources added to foster strong growth and expansion
- Temporary SDE decline related to infrastructure staffing to foster growth
- Turnkey equipment included in sale
- Seller willing to train and provide transition support